Pages navigation

Phones and Roses

I love acrylic paints. They are cheap, look good, and they can color nearly everything - canvas, fabric, walls, wood, plastic (but not your hands! Since they are water based, it is easy to wash your them if things get messy).

I decided that my phone should wear something more sexy than the boring transparent case it had.
This is how it turned out:



First I colored the entire case with gray paint, and on top of that the rose:


The technique is called 'one stroke painting'. The first time I saw paintings done with this technique I thought it must take years till someone can paint like that. Later I found out that there are plenty of good youtube tutorials and books that explain the method step by step. You have to practice a bit, but nice results can be seen quite quickly.

Here is one of my favorite tutorials:



Enjoy making yours,

Olga.

No comments :

So what do you say?