Pages navigation

My cat fridge

When I see a plain surface, I always have an unexplained urge to change it to something more complicated, to spice it up. This was what happened to my fridge. One day I was staring at it, and realized that I have some huge space to work on, and go crazy if I want too.

I wanted to create something quite big, kind of sophisticated but not too colorful. So I thought it would be cool to make some big cat silhouette (I'm a cat person). For that purpose I bought 2 meters of black plain sticky wallpaper (the one with the glue on the other side). Drew the cat on it (on the glue paper side), and cut it gently. By the way, this is another reason for my romance with wallpapers. You can draw on it whatever shape you want, easily cut it, and apply anywhere.

So, here is my new fridge:




To make it a bit more interesting, I decided to add the little pink bow (it has a magnet behind, so it is removable):


Olga.

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE this! I want to make one too but can't find black adhesive backed wallpaper that isn't $75.00 a roll. Where did you find the paper? Am in USA. You could sell these. So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isirrine! I live in Israel, here we have some plain and simple wallpapers sold by meter and not by roll. But im sure you can find it in US (u have so much more stuff there ☺). Look for the really simple ones - not for walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Isirrine! I live in Israel, here we have some plain and simple wallpapers sold by meter and not by roll. But im sure you can find it in US (u have so much more stuff there ☺). Look for the really simple ones - not for walls.

    ReplyDelete